Books and Information
Books for the Restoration of Catholic Rural Life
Homeward Bound: The Catholic Land Movement Today – By Kevin Ford -This book will hopefully be released sometime in the fall of 2013.
The Restoration of Christian Culture – by: Dr. John Senior – This is the book written in the 70′s by Dr. Senior who taught at Kansas University. His classes were the last occasion for mass conversion to Catholicism in the Catholic Church. His students have become bishops, priests, monks, and good people. His students founded Clear Creek Monastery. He details the path by which a restoration of Christian Culture could take place. He is a bit polemical, but ultimately it is passionate love for the Church that drives this author.
The Outline of Sanity – by G.K. Chesterton – This is Chesterton’s classic work on distributism and the Land Movement. It is really a collection of essays showing the importance of returning to the Land and the importance of Distributism for restoring the Catholic Social Order. If you want to see what Distributism is then you must read this book.
The Catholic Land Movement: Its Motives – By Fr. Vincent
McNabb O.P. +
- This Article is the most comprehensive explanation of the Catholic Land Movement . It explains both the reasons for and the benefits of the movement.
The Catholic Land Movement: Its Motives
Farm Tales -
Emily Stimpson (Franciscan University Magazine)
- This articledetails the life of several families near Franciscan University who are seeking to live a life on the land that is authentically rural and authenticallyCatholic.
Farm Tales Article
Writings by Thomas Storck
- Formany years Thomas Storck has been at the forefront in the fight againstmodernism, and has promoted a Catholic alternative. The linked website makes available many of his writings on many different topics.
Thomas Storck website
Caelum et Terra
- This magazine is no longer published, but at the time (90′s) it was leading the way for analternative vision to the modern milieu. Many of its articles are available online at the following website.
Caelum et Terra
The Land Without a Sunday by Maria Von Trapp
- In this article Maria Von Trapp explains the importance of Sunday and how it was observed in their home.